Brookton & Districts Historical Society
|Hon. President||Ellen Parrick|
|Hon. Secretary||Carol Bond|
|Hon. Treasurer||Katrina Crute|
Brookton & Districts Historical Soc. (Inc)
|Phone||0427 334 051|
The Brookton & Districts Historical Society manages the Brookton Museum & Heritage Centre which is housed in the original Police Station and Quarters building (pictured above). The Police Station, built in 1913 using locally made bricks, closed in 1980 when the Police moved to a new building. The Historical Society, which was formed in 1976, was looking for a permanent home. With the assistance of the Shire Council took possession of the building in 1984 and opened the Museum in March 1986.
The collection includes extensive Archives and Oral Histories which are available for family research. The exhibitions are changed on a regular basis and reflect the lives of the people who have lived in the district, businesses, sporting and community groups. The Charge Room/Office of the building houses a permanent exhibition which tells the story of the history of the Police Station and the Police Officers who served in the building.
Opening Hours: By appointment. Entry Fee: Donation.
Research Fee: Price on application