Mandurah Historical Society

Hon. President Claire Cavanagh
Hon. Secretary Leanne Alexander
Hon. Treasurer Kelly Powell
Address

Mandurah Historical Society (Inc)
PO Box 199
Mandurah WA 6210

Email info@mandurahhistoricalsociety.com.au
Phone Museum House (08) 95812292
Region Peel
About Affiliate Mandurah Historical Society Building

The Mandurah Historical Society has been established since 1970. Our offices are at History House, 3 Pinjarra Rd, Mandurah, Western Australia 6210.  This was the old Police Sergeants house, right by the old wooden bridge.  It is situated behind the Mandurah Community Museum which is run by the Mandurah City Council.  History House is open from 10 am to 4pm every Wednesday.

 

The Historical Society manages Halls Cottage (pictured above) for the City of Mandurah. Halls Cottage is a five roomed single story stone building which dates back to 1832. It is situated at 7 Leighton Place, Halls Head, Western Australia 6210,  and is open on Sundays from 10am to 3pm.   It is also available for school tours, community group tours, and weddings.   Activities and morning and afternoon teas are provided.  Halls Cottage is now vested in the Mandurah City Council, who are responsible for maintenance.

 

The Mandurah Historical Society works closely with the Mandurah Community Museum. The Society is run by volunteers, money is raised by stalls, raffles, and applications for grants. Members number approximately forty. Our activities include monthly meetings, excursions, coffee mornings, historic celebrations and research.  At our meetings we have speakers etc. We have a committee of nine, including a representative of the Mandurah Community Museum.