The Library collection consists of material that deals specifically with Western Australia and its history. It is a reference library and items are not for loan. Much of the material in the collection has been donated to the Society.
The collection includes:
- Books and journals
- Maps of Western Australian regions and towns, early subdivision maps and real estate posters
- Limited holdings of early newspapers, such as the Perth Gazette, the Inquirer and Western Mail
- Documents, including early letters, pamphlets and ephemera
- Newspaper cuttings, clipped currently and filed by subject
- Essays submitted for various competitions
- Private papers of individuals and organizations, documented and indexed
- Early Days, the annual scholarly publication of the Society
The Library’s catalogue is online. It can be accessed via the Society’s website at the Collections: Research Western Australian History page
You are invited to visit the Library or complete this Library Research Enquiry Form.
The Library is free to members. Non-members are charged a fee of $10 and institutions are charged $22 to use the collections. Fees are also charged for copying of documents and images.
Donations of materials to the Library collection are welcome. Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone +61 8 9386 3841
Donations are assessed by the RWAHS Library committee to ensure that they are suitable for the collection and can be appropriately housed and managed by the Society.