RESOURCE MATERIALS FOR RELIVING HISTORY
- The Society has developed a Memory Box Program which is designed primarily for senior citizens to recall their earlier days and the different things that surrounded them and they used. So we are talking about going back in living memory – say 90 or so years.
- The target audience is senior citizens resident in Retirement or Care Homes.
- The Memory Boxes contain a range of items for people to look at, each one acting as a memory jogger to recall the past. Items should bring forth different memories which can be shared and debated across the group. The items are simply triggers to promote discussion!
- To assist with the presentation of the items, and provide some limited guidance in promoting discussion, there are 8 sheets enclosed. They are not exhaustive, and suggestions as to how to improve them are welcome.
- How many of the items in the Box have been replaced by the mobile phone? Think how much easier life is today with mobiles! But is it?
- Plans are in hand to create more Boxes with a broader range of items.
- The first Memory Box is available for loan from the Society for a period of two weeks. Staff at the Retirement/Care Home should contact the Society’s Administration on 9386 3841 to make a booking.
- As an alternative approach or as a preliminary ‘taster’ for the first Memory Box, its contents and notes can be downloaded as a screen presentation; click here.
For further information email email@example.com or call Lesley on 93863841